Students in grades 1 – 8 study social entrepreneurship and how young people can make a difference in their community. The service learning projects integrate community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience and teach civic responsibility.
Students identify a community service need, investigate issues, research and evaluate possible solutions, develop and implement a plan of action, and assess their results.
Examples of service learning project themes:
- 1st Grade: Needs of the School Community
- 2nd Grade: Animal Welfare
- 3rd Grade: Protecting the Environment
- 4th Grade: Community Health
- 5th Grade: Service to Veterans
- 6th Grade: Disaster Relief
- 7th Grade: Literacy in the Community
- 8th Grade: Entrepreneurship